Today, we obtain information, make decisions and carry out our transactions in most areas through the internet. Patients who prefer health tourism also primarily use the internet as a research area. In this huge platform, unreferenced content can be misleading by causing information pollution and can harm people directly or indirectly.
With health tourism, patients benefit from treatment opportunities in high-standard clinics with professional experts at much lower costs than in their home countries. In addition, touristic activities benefit the patient psychologically by making the treatment process more enjoyable. The trend of traveling to Turkey, which ranks among the top countries preferred for health tourism on a global scale, is increasing rapidly.
The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Turkey, General Directorate of Health Services accredits International Health Tourism, Health Facilities and Intermediary Organizations by evaluating them according to competency criteria. In addition to the competencies that must be obtained in order to provide health tourism services, the history of the facilities or organizations is also important.
It is seen that the most important criteria that will affect the preferences of patients are certificates, awards, past treatment successes and the experiences of patients. In addition, the certificates and awards in the fields in which the clinic or the physicians providing services are specialized are also investigated by the patients and are decisive in their decision-making.
Healthcare facilities, intermediary organizations or dentists who try to stand out by attracting the attention of more patients may be rewarded by non-neutral organizations by organizing award organizations for a fee. Such award organizations are unreliable events that are not in a competitive environment, cannot be evaluated by impartial and qualified institutions, are far from reality, carry advertising purposes, and have predetermined results. In addition, there are clinics with the necessary certificates that have the principle of advancing the treatment process under the best conditions with a professional treatment planning for patients who have traveled for health tourism.
The main difference between certificates and awards is that certificates are issued by impartial organizations and committees as a result of certain trainings, ensuring compliance with the required standard tests. Awards, on the other hand, can be given by biased or impartial organizations without questioning any competence or training. For this reason, patients can have information about the advantages of the clinic they want to be treated by inquiring about the certificates they have instead of making a decision by looking directly at the awards.
Antalyadentsmile Health Tourism (Carelink Sağlık Turizmi Hizmetleri Tic. Ltd. Şti.) has the necessary authorization, membership and certificates that dentists have received for their specialties.
Some of the authorizations, memberships and certificates are as follows;
- International Health Tourism Authorization Certificate,
- Travel Agency Membership Certificate,
- ISO 9001:2015 The Quality Management System Certificate,
- ISO 10002:2018 The Customer Satisfaction and Complaint Management System Certificate,
- Certificates in 2nd International Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Congress, Surgical Clinical Course, Intraoral Distraction Osteogenesis from A to Z, Current Guidelines for Conducting Research Projects with Emerging Trends and How to Publish them, Botox and Injectable Soft Tissue Fillers for Facial Rejuvenation, Management of Medically Compromised Patients,
- Certificate of Experimental Animal Use,
- Invisalign Certificate Course,
- Certificate in 2D Lingual Orthodontics Comprehensive Course with Theory and Practice,
- Clinical Program Certificate in Occlusion and Orthodontics,
- American Orthodontic Compliance Certification Course,
- Applied Porcelain Laminate Veneer Course Certificate,
- Certificate of Applied Basic Implant Training,
- Certificate of Applied Advanced Implant Training,
- Certificate of Applied Implant Prosthesis Training,
- Certificate of Advanced Practical Endodontic Training,
- Composite Restorations Training Certificate,
- Certificate in Current Concepts in Adhesion-Cementation and Dental Impression,
- Botox Dermal Filler Filler and Prp Course Certificate,
- Certificate of Porcelain Lamina Applications in Smile Design,
- Informative Dental Photography Course Certificate,
- Certificate in Posterior Restorations from A to Z
As can be seen, the organization and the dentists serving in the clinic have certificates issued by many local and foreign impartial organizations in their fields of specialization.
Healthcare organizations, which continuously improve themselves by following the current treatment methods and equipment used in the world, help to eliminate all doubts by presenting their skills and competencies to their patients in transparency with the certificates they have earned.