No Touch Laser surgery is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a laser to perform surgery without physically touching the patient’s body. It is one of the methods used to eliminate refraction problems in the eye.
During the No Touch Laser surgery, the patient looks at a distant light source for a while, as still as possible. Due to the placement of anaesthetic drops in the eye to prevent burning, stinging, and exposure to light, the patient does not feel anything. The treatment process is completed between 30-50 seconds. In most cases, both eyes can be treated at the same time.
One of the benefits of No Touch Laser surgery is that it can result in less scarring, less pain, and a shorter recovery time compared to traditional surgical treatments. This method is especially recommended for patients who have a thin cornea or a steep corneal surface, to correct long distance or near vision problems. It can also be applied on patients who have had previous surgery.
Who can be treated with No Touch Laser?
Individuals over the age of 18 can be a candidate to have the No Touch Laser surgery, even if they have had eye surgery before.This treatment is done to correct far and near vision disorders and astigmatism. Since the No Touch Lasersurgery does not require any cutting on the cornea and no substance comes into contact with the eye, it is very useful for those who do not want to have an operation because of fear or due to any problem. It is much more comfortable for the patients.
Why No Touch Laser?
Your specific needs and circumstances will determine whether you should have eye surgery. Some people may find it challenging to drive or read due to visual issues, which can have an impact on daily life. Several considerations for choosing No Touch Laser surgery are listed below:
Correct Vision Problems: Many visual issues, including astigmatism, nearsightedness, and farsightedness, can be resolved with eye surgery. Consider it if you have been having vision issues that cannot be resolved with the use of glasses or contact lenses.
Improve Quality of Life: By lowering or removing the need for glasses or contact lenses, eye surgery can enhance your eyesight and quality of life and let you participate in activities without the trouble of corrective eyewear.
Medical Conditions: Surgery on the eyes may occasionally be required to treat diseases like glaucoma or cataracts. Surgery may be necessary to treat certain diseases in order to retain or improve vision because they can lead to vision loss.
Convenience: Eye surgery can be a convenient option for those who lead an active lifestyle or have a job that requires clear vision.
Cost: No Touch Laser surgery can be less expensive, and it requires less time to recover.
What are the Advantages of No Touch Laser?
- Low cost compared to other methods.
- Short operation time. The process is completed between 30 and 50 seconds.
- Both eyes might be operated on the same day.
- Can be done in patients with thin corneas.
- Does not require eye cutting or touching.
- Safer and with less complications after treatment, since no incisions are done.
- Patients start to see as soon as they get up from the operating table.
- No recurrence of increasing the numbers after the surgery.
- Myopia, astigmatism and hyperopia problems can be treated at the same time. All problems are eliminated at the same time
- Eyes are not covered with a bandage after the surgery.
- Short period of dry eye post surgery.
- No risk of retinal rupture.
- No increase in intraocular pressure.
- Reduces the risk of high astigmatism.
- It is possible to preserve the general condition of the cornea.
- Ensures that the resistance of the eye against impacts does not decrease.